MANAGING TENDERS, SPECIFICATIONS & CONTRACTS
D.MCKINSEY & ASSOCAITES LTD. Managing Tenders, Specifications & Contracts training course considers how your organization can identify and use the most appropriate procurement strategy and discusses best practice in developing tender documentation, criteria and evaluation. This course focuses on how best to deal with key contractual liability issues to minimize the risk exposure to your organization from cost and time overruns. This DMA’s Managing Tenders, Specifications & Contracts training course also provides tools, tips and techniques on effective resolution of disputes to minimize cost and reputational risk exposure to your organization.
This D.MCKINSEY & ASSOCAITES LTD. training course will highlight:
- The Use of Different Procurement Strategies
- Best practice in the Procurement Process
- Key Issues in Developing Tender Documentation
- Principal Contractual Liability Issues
- Ways to Manage Performance Failures
- Managing Claims and Resolving Disputes
At the end of this D.MCKINSEY & ASSOCAITES LTD. training course, you will learn to:
- Identify the most appropriate procurement strategy
- Evaluate tendering and procurement best practices
- Assess and manage key contractual risks
- Compare ways of dealing with performance failures
- Evaluate the most appropriate course of action when disputes arise
This D.MCKINSEY & ASSOCAITES LTD. Managing Tenders, Specifications & Contracts training course will benefit a variety of personnel in your organization involved in any aspect of tendering, procurement and contract implementation. It will enable a broad range of disciplines to appreciate and understand tenders, specifications and contracts.
DAY 1: Procurement Strategies and Best Practice
- Elements of Procurement Best Practice
- Types of Procurement Strategy
- Risk Management Process
- Balancing Risk Through Contract Strategy
- Supply Chain Risk Assessment
- Exposure to Bribery and Corruption
DAY 2: Developing Tenders and Specifications
- Developing the Scope of Work and Specification
- Selection and Evaluation Criteria
- Cost and Price Analyses
- Objectives of the Contract
- Ancillary Documents and Issues
- Negotiation Tools and Techniques
DAY 3: Key Elements of the Contract
- Principal Performance Obligations
- Scheduling and Completion
- Liabilities, Indemnities and Insurance
- Ownership and Risk
- Pricing and Payment
- Governing Law
DAY 4: Managing Change and Performance Failures
- Assignment, Novation and Subcontracting
- Implications of Varying Performance
- Managing External Events
- Performance-based Contracting
- Default Mechanisms
- Other Remedies
DAY 5: Contract Claims and Completion
- Types and Assessment of Claims
- Tiered Dispute Resolution Mechanisms
- Formal Dispute Resolution
- Contract Close Out
- Contract Review, Evaluation, Lessons Learned
- Course Overview – Learning Outcomes
This Managing Tenders, Specifications & Contracts course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. The course is highly interactive and is designed with workshop and practical exercises centered on a project case study. Students will complete several elements of project work through assigned roles in a team environment. There will be open discussion and real world examples with the emphasis on learning by doing. Extensive use of case studies and real examples of contracts. Open and instructive group discussions will also be facilitated encouraging delegates to raise questions, and share their own experiences.
- D.McKINSEY AND ASSOCIATES Ltd Certificate of Completion for individuals who attend and complete the Managing Tenders, Specifications & Contracts.
- Candidates who desire International Certifications shall be registered through our platform for such an examination.
D.Mckinsey is licensed to train and issue certificates by the following bodies;
– Nigerian Council for Management Education, (CMD).
– OGTAN (Oil and Gas Trainers Association of NIGERIA).
Kindly confirm space availability by calling +234 (0) 8023192104 or +234 (0) 9062386530 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. For In-House training programs / on request, please contact us using above contact details.